Thursday, October 4, 2012

mind blowing.

You know when you find out how to do something AMAZING and you just want to share it with the world, shouting out from the rooftops??? That's how I felt on Sunday, and today I'm going to share it with you :]

Awhile back, Amy Tan had shared a tutorial for writing on instagrams using Skitch, an app that unfortunately was only available for the Ipad, not even to my trusty iphone. MAJOR bummer. Until Sunday, when I was on facebook, and Shanna Noel posted a LO and it said she used the app from her phone! Let me just tell you, the to do list I HAD been working on before that, definitely got tossed aside so I could play! Not only can I draw on my photos now with my own handwriting, but I can SAVE the words [or a friends cool cursive, because mine is terrible] and the app is FREE. Beware, this post comes with a disclaimer, I am NOT responsible for how much time you're gonna spend playing once we're all done lol


It's super easy, you just draw in the app like this:



I wrote the word in cursive, and then an abstract square around it, planning on using it as a 4x6 frame :] The cool thing is, you can also use it to draw on your photos, but this way I got to make my OWN silhouette cuts with my OWN handwriting, by importing the image to my Silhouette Cameo :] Here's what it looked like after I cleaned up the image a bit and cut it:


Today I'm going to show you what I did with my new found knowledge! I got my Studio Calico kit incredibly fast this month [I am reallllly close, so it gets here fast no matter what, but being a rewards member helps too!] so I chose to go ahead and get a layout in with the products, because this kit is just incredible. Here's my LO:







I am also sharing this file, because I know some of you don't have iphones, or ipads, but still have a silhouette. Download the free file [[here]] and make sure to come back and link up so I can see if you use it :] && if you're a silhouette love like me, and want to learn MORE cool tricks about your silhouette, rush on over to Studio Calico for their new class, Cut it Out!

Thanks for stopping by today, happy crafting!

If you were looking for the stash sale, make sure you go here I will be updating it often, as I clear out my space for lots of exciting things happening in the next few weeks :] Buy over $15 in items & get free shipping!

10 comments:

  1. That's so awesome Shay! Thanks for sharing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut the front door!!!! This is soooooo cool. Bah! I want my silhouette NOW. I'm pretty sure I want to just book a vacation with me and my Cameo when it arrives just to play. Thanks so much sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Ordered a silhouette cameo last night and will def be trying this ! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing, love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have skitch! I've not played with it, and I'm going to completely blame you for what happens if I can't get any sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I love it! Glad I've given you a new trick for it then ;)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, cannot wait to read your comment ;]