For someone who absolutely LOVE Christmastime & DD, this holiday season has just not been my favorite, I was seriously struggling with being in the mood, but was trying for my munchkin, and impatiently awaiting it to be over. I AM excited for the new year, now that the world isn't ending ;] & we got through the holidays. barely. Now we're trapped in a snow storm, so I have LOTS of time to work on some scrappy projects to get my year started off right!
Not only does the new year mean plenty of possibilities, and represents a new beginning to me. Since 2012 was not really what I was expecting, or even hoping for, I am determined to make 2013 INCREDIBLE. Not just a few things, but really life changing. I have a few things I would reallllllly like to make sure happen, which I have a feeling will become my "goals" when that clock strikes midnight. Not specific like a bucket list, which I normally make every year for my birthday, but personal hopes at making me a happier person.
1. Find a Job: First off, this isn't as rude as it sounds, because just reading those three words seems like I'm not doing a thing but sitting on my butt. What I mean by it, is find a job I LOVE. That makes me feel like it's worth it, that can help me get out of this funk && want to go to work everyday. I miss being at a workplace where I matter, love the people and most importantly what I want to be doing.
2. Let it go: I am one of those people who holds onto things, particularly emotions, and I am determined to give it up. The past year has probably been one of the roughest I've ever had, things just didn't go at all how I expected them to. Things I thought would change, didn't at all. Mostly, because I don't let things go & just move on, so I'm really going to focus on this one more.
3. DATE: Let me not bore you with the details of the terrible relationships I have had, although as an outsider, you might be able to give me some comic relief lol I don't want to go out searching for a husband necessarily, but I would like to find a bigger pond. I feel like as big as my city is, it's hard to find someone new. I want time by myself, without a boyfriend. Because the past few I've had, have definitely made me want to choose being single over them LOL So this is to encourage me to feel okay being alone, and taking those chances with someone I may not normally say yes to. [feel free to set me up on blind dates, I will gladly fill out a questionnaire for you ;]
4. One Little Word: For the past few years I have seen plenty of paper crafters participate in Ali's OLW project, and after falling in LOVE with DD, I thought maybe this project would be exactly a kick in the butt to really help accomplish some of my goals for the year. If you would like to hear more about it, check it out on Ali's blog here. Now, I just have to PICK my word-- if you're doing/have done this project before, share what words you've used, I'd love some inspiration! I don't know yet if I'll be taking the class, or doing my own thing, but there are some incredible projects out there that definitely make me want to find out more myself.
5. Do well in SCHOOL: I am SO excited about being back in school, and am really liking the program that I chose, why I chose to go back & how it's going. So I'm giving myself a GET IT GIRL and pushing myself to work even harder for something I have wanted SO badly.
6. Make a house a HOME: I LOVE picking out things to put around the house, but ever since moving back home, it has been a major bummer. So once I figure out number one on my goals list, the most important one will be living alone again. Being a single mom has its disadvantages, and I am determined we will have our own place again, very soon, and can get back to being happy in our own space.
7. USE that DSLR: My family owns a photography business, so I am lucky enough to have an amazing DSLR, that cost me next to nothing & I didn't even pay for the lens. What a fabulous deal for a young single mom who scrapbooks & LOVES pictures? I use it, but not nearly as much as I would like, because I am dying to take another photography class, to kind of "relearn" the things I learned in school, but more specifically for my own Nikon.
8. Be creative EVERYDAY: This is always a goal. It is such a huge part of who I am, and I tried to have the same goal in 2012 and it worked pretty well. It can be working on a layout, a project, something kid crafty with Caleb-- I just think it makes my day better in general if I somehow get crafty.
9. Take time for ME: I don't do this nearly enough. 2013 is going to be all about ME. Making ME happy, and MY life better. Simple as that.
10. Blog. OFTEN: I have a good game plan for this new year, and some changes I want to make, including an entire blog "lift" and I must say I am quite excited about it, and partnering up with some of my faves!
11. Strive to be kind: In light of the nationwide events recently, I think RAK are even more important. The holiday season may not have been my favorite or most festive, but I did go out of my way to send out some happy mail and help those in need, I'd like to continue this all year long.
12. Get into shape: I have to admit in the past year, my unhappiness has made me slack in all sorts of areas, but I can definitely notice the HUGE difference in my weight. I worked at a gym for two years, I know what it takes to stay in shape, while eating what I want, but I've let it go-- and my pant size definitely reflects that :[ So back to the gym I go, starting the first of the year. Not because I want to be model thin, but I would like to not feel so gross when I go out shopping. I miss being able to pick up the size I always was and knowing it would fit fine, where as now I hardly find things I like. I WILL return to a skinnier, healthier me in 2013.
13. Enjoy the little things: For they are my favorite ;] Do you ever have those moments where you realize THIS is what's important? Mine was sitting at a bonfire a few weeks ago with some old faves, and it just really made the world click for me. It was the start of my goals & & resolutions, because I wanted more of those moments. I think in a busy world, sometimes we get caught up in trying to do too many things, please too many people, and I'm over it. I want to make myself happy, I want it to be about what I want, who I love. Realizing that the moments I'm most at peace with the planet are in the little things, and I want to spend more time this year paying attention to them.
&& those are my goals for 2013. I have even prepared a small mini book, which I will be sharing on Saturday for the Social [Media] Butterflies blog hop, and I cannot wait to add updates & pics to it that will showcase how I keep up with my goals & resolutions in 2013. Thanks for staying with me on this wordy post, I'd love to hear what YOUR goals & resolutions for the year are!